Americans with Disabilities (ADA)
The Seventh Judicial District Court is committed to ensuring equal access to and full participation in court programs, court services, and court proceedings.
What is the American with Disabilities Act?
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) was enacted to prohibit discrimination against people with disabilities. Under Title II of the ADA, no qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of programs, services, or activities of a public entity. This prohibition applies to the New Mexico state courts as providers of public programs, services, and activities. Pursuant to the ADA, people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to access, use, and fully participate in court programs, services, and activities and not be discriminated against because of their disability.
The Seventh Judicial District Court will make all reasonable accommodations and reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of is programs, services and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a service, program, or activity of the Seventh Judicial District Court should contact its ADA Coordinator at (575) 835-0050 ext. 12 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event.
Request for Accommodation for a Court Hearing at the Seventh Judicial District Court: Counsel or self-represented litigants may notify the ADA Coordinator of the nature of the disability at least five (5) business days before any hearing so appropriate accommodations may be made. The ADA Accommodations Request Form can be found below .
- Notice of Rights
- Grievance Procedure
- Request for Accommodations (Please send the Request for Accommodations form to the following email address as soon as possible email@example.com)
- Complaint Form (Please send the Complaint form to the Statewide ADA Title II Coordinator, contact information below)
- Aviso sobre los derechos conforme a la Ley para Estadounidenses con Discapacidades
- Procedimiento de presentación de reclamaciones conforme a la ADA
- Formulario de solicitud de adaptación conforme a la ADA
- Formulario de quejas conforme a la Ley para Estadounidenses con Discapacidades
Statewide ADA Title II Coordinator
Peggy Cadwell, ADAC
New Mexico Administrative Office of the Courts
111 Lomas Blvd. NW Suite 300
Albuquerque, NM 87102